DataLink Software is seeking a mid-level, experienced Cloud DBA. The right candidate for this position is someone who enjoys challenging work in a fast-paced environment and solving complex business problems enabling our customers in their pursuit of better healthcare outcomes for their members.
- Manages SQL Server databases on all environments from development to production
- Configure, manage, monitor and maintain database server performance, health, availability and security.
- Control access to database systems ensuring all company processes and procedures are followed
- Analyze, solve and correct issues as they are occurring, providing problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Develops, tests and maintains maintenance plans, disaster recovery procedures and database backups schemes
- Provides after-hours support for database emergencies, routine scheduled maintenance and database server patching
- Works closely with the business and engineering teams to understand and plan for storage and database needs.
- Proactively analyzes database performance and stability, providing feedback and recommendations to the Database Operation Manager
- Maintain, develop and organize database standard, infrastructure and processes and procedures documentation
- Design and implement SQL Server Availability Groups, HADR setup, security and performance
- Completing User and Application tasks via, ticketing system.
- Performance Tuning and Optimization of SQL Server objects including Stored Procs, Views, Database Design
- Experience with database migration securely and safely
- Advanced automation skills, Database code changes deployment, SSIS & SSRS deployment
- Will work Closely with the Database Operation Manager and other stake holders in application deployments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Technology, or a related field of study
- 8+ years of experience administering Microsoft SQL Server databases
- 5+ years of experience of database performance tuning
- 3+ years managing Microsoft SQL Server in a distributed high availability environment
- 3+ years managing database security, backups, disaster recovery and maintenance
- Advanced T-SQL skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Nice to have experience with Healthcare systems and data.
- Experience working with cloud database preferred Azure.
- Experience using PowerShell, ARM templates or scripting language like Visual Basic
- Good knowledge and understanding of CI\CD processes. Ability to learn or use Tools to implement and build CI\CD solution.