Olo is seeking a Business Development Manager to join the Dispatch Team. The successful candidate will help develop our delivery relationships for Olo’s Dispatch delivery fulfilment and ordering partners. The role will coordinate with internal groups at Olo (Product, Operations, Finance, Customer Success) with the goal of expanding Olo’s delivery footprint and creating an even-more robust and responsive offering for Olo’s brands.
This person will be responsible for helping to manage current relationships and forge new partnerships. The candidate should be able to identify trends and opportunities, collaborate and communicate internally and externally on necessary product/feature enhancements, and negotiate new enterprise level partnerships.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Drive adoption of Dispatch’s platform among companies needing on-demand delivery of products nationwide.
- Grow the Dispatch Delivery network among national and regional delivery partners.
- Strategize and grow delivery ecosystem while facilitating product and platform collaboration between partners and internal product teams.
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, trends, needs and partner feedback to cross-functional teams.
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners - make Olo a favored company with which to partner.
- Define partnerships strategies and execute on go-to-market plans.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of Looker or other BI tools and/or SQL.
- A thought leader who drives business forward and keeps our team ahead of trends.
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to evangelize the Olo platform to partners.
- Ability to work independently when needed and collaborate cross-functionally internally to advocate on behalf of our partners and their needs.
- Top-notch communication and the ability to educate clients on operational best practices to increase program performance.
- Great track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships.
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with basic technical feasibility of partner integrations.
- Experience developing first-of-kind, strategic deals which are creative and align business incentives with great user experiences.
- Executive presence in working with senior leadership within Olo and within partner organizations.
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
- Strong interest in the restaurant technology industry.
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.