As part of Articulate's Legal Contracts team, this role as Contracts Administrator/Manager will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating, drafting, and managing customer driven legal agreements. You will skillfully negotiate agreements balancing the appropriate legal and business risks while prioritizing a complex workload. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize your legal operations experience, assisting the Senior Contracts Attorney to prioritize matters and building scalable systems and processes.
This role will report to the Senior Contracts Attorney, and work in partnership with our Sales, Customer Success, Compliance, Order Management, Finance, and other stakeholders in seeing customer contracts through to revenue. The successful candidate is a critical thinker, proactive, effective & concise communicator able to interpret and explain contractual requirements relative to associated risks, highly organized, and able to thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing, remote environment.
What you will do:
- Review, draft, and negotiate standard agreements, including NDAs, SaaS, software, data processing/privacy, SLAs, and other commercial agreements.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders, including Sales, Customer Success, Compliance, Finance, and others to progress negotiations and reduce contract cycle time.
- Follow company practices and procedures on contract review, approval, and execution, and help improve and refine contract processes.
- Run the life cycle of contracts, from initial request to final signature and contract distribution.
- Update contract management tools to ensure stakeholders are informed on contract statutes, and archive fully executed contracts.
- Field internal requests from stakeholders, including senior executives, on contract-related questions.
- Discuss agreements with the Senior Contracts Attorney and internal stakeholders.
Attributes you need to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of relevant In-House experience drafting, negotiating and managing customer contracts with a B2B, SaaS, software technology company.
- Seasoned in handling a wide range of customer driven technology licensing agreements to include: master service agreements, SaaS, subscriptions, SLAs, NDAs, and data processing/privacy agreements.
- Proficient navigator of the “battle of the forms” between Articulate standard terms and customers’ terms whether in master agreements, purchase orders, bill paying portals, vendor registration documents, or similar documents.
- Excellent communicator who can negotiate effectively with external parties, as well as interpret and explain contractual requirements and associated risks to internal business stakeholders.
- Team player who can build trust and confidence with internal stakeholders while working in a distributed remote environment.
- Strong collaborator, able to coordinate and set deliverable expectations for customer contract matters with Sales, Customer Success, Order Management, Compliance, Security, Finance, and other teams.
- High energy self-starter who can manage and prioritize a complex workload of customer contracts navigating new and renewal customer deadlines.
- Thoughtful contributor who can enhance and implement contract processes to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency on Articulates contract life cycle.
- Working experience as a Contracts Administrator, Manager, or Paralegal, in SaaS, e-learning, data protection, information security, privacy, and intellectual property.
- Familiar with Google forms/docs/sheets, Guru, Box, Dropbox, Word, Excel, and Slack, and Salesforce.
- Good judgment, flexibility, great work ethic, self-motivated, and ability to meet deadlines.