About the Role
The Director, Customer Enablement will play a pivotal role in supporting the continued growth of Abstract. Reporting directly to the VP of Sales, this role combines strategic planning, customer success, solutions engineering, and people management. Success in this role means building programs and processes that help on-board our customers efficiently, providing them with the highest level of account support while they adopt the Abstract product throughout their organization, and maintaining an effective renewals program. This role will span many functions -- evaluating current programs, implementing and experimenting with new programs, developing playbooks for better customer engagement, assessing the efficacy of current initiatives, and developing a high functioning team. Expected impact across the GTM organization includes but is not limited to improving renewal win rates, increasing adoption program efficacy, sales and solutions engineering efficiency, forecast visibility, and ultimately revenue growth and retention.
- Build and manage a best-in-class Customer Enablement program including customer implementation, adoption, and renewals
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales to develop and execute on internal and external for supporting self-service and enterprise customers
- Enhance and streamline department success globally for improved customer retention and growth
- Co-own the customer satisfaction and NPS metrics and programs with our Support teams
- Design and implement key performance metrics to monitor and report on customer activity, helping to identify areas of improvement regarding overall quality of service to customers
- Partner with Marketing, Engineering, and Product to provide proactive customer communication and service
- Develop and implement appropriate compensation plans that align to company goals
- Develop requirements for and implement tools and processes to run a global Customer Enablement team, including but not limited to Salesforce, Drift, Outreach, service best practices, usage alerting, customer communication tools, etc.
- Troubleshoot operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems and processes to address the root cause of the issue
- Be the subject matter expert for customer success and solutions engineering, implementation and adoption programs, and renewals.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in SaaS customer success, sales, or solutions engineering roles.
- 3+ years experience in a people management function in SaaS customer success, sales, or solutions engineering roles including hiring and/or training team members, implementing cross-departmental processes, quarterly reviews, weekly one on ones, etc.
- Valuable work experience in direct Enterprise Account Management functions
- Exceptional problem solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions
- Demonstrate relentless curiosity and possess a passion for creating innovative analysis to identify opportunities
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to influence executive management
- Valuable work experience in closing sales role
- Experience with design or developer tooling
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance options. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care, a stipend to set up your home office, a monthly wellness stipend, health care FSA, and commuter benefits.
To help employees plan for the future, we're able to offer competitive pay and a 401(k).
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.