A Drupal Technical Architect is a beacon of trusted and transferable in-depth domain knowledge, often in multiple areas within Axelerant. Technical Architects exert influence across many projects, providing insight and guidance to leaders and teams, helping inform on final solutions.
Drupal Technical Architects are experienced consultants and professional leaders with the wisdom to judge which of the latest tools and industry trends are worth exploring and relevant to Axelerant.
A Drupal Technical Architect at Axelerant could progress to a Director role within five years.
- Accountable for designing and building high-traffic Drupal applications with non-trivial content structure and functionality
- Responsible to guide technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Accountable for complex Drupal development tasks including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Accountable for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them and supporting them as needed
- Accountable to identify, analyze, and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; look for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem; weigh pros and cons of actions; and decide when to escalate issues
- Responsible for providing coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible to transform requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible to document incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- Responsible PHP and SQL administration and code optimization
- Accountable for Unix/Linux or Windows server administration
- 10+ years of relevant career experience
- 3+ years of Drupal experience
- 3+ years of experience using agile methodologies
- 3+ years of experience using Git source code versioning and Pull Requests
- 3+ years of working in a consulting or agency environment with enterprise-level clients
- Experience with Drupal development technologies such as Drush, Features, and Panels
Nice to Have
- Actively contributing to Drupal or other open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Experience with other content management systems and open-source technologies
Though all of Axelerant’s roles are work from anywhere, we are India-based for fixed salary ranges and full-time work timings. Explicitly, we expect people to typically have at least a five-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone workday.