We're seeking an experienced, passionate and people-focused Engineering Manager for our Product Team.
Medic Mobile’s mission is to advance health and human flourishing with and for the hardest-to-reach communities. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is a secured human right. Practically, we have advanced our mission by building, implementing, and supporting open-source digital tools that support CHWs, managers, and facility-based health workers. Along with our partners, we build and apply software that helps health workers deliver high-quality, equitable care in redesigned health systems. Our team and partners support more than 27,000 frontline health workers caring for an estimated 15 million people in 18 countries across Africa and Asia.
- Have experience managing a group of software developers in a remote setting.
- Are excited to work with a mission-aligned, cross-functional, widely distributed team.
- Can communicate effectively in English over video and text chats
- Have a reliable and fast internet connection and a quiet place to work
- Are passionate about technology and building a cohesive and effective engineering team.
- Are able to travel several times a year for 1-2 weeks at a time for meetups and site visits.
As the Engineering Manager, you report to the Chief Product Officer, and manage a team of Software Developers, Site Reliability Engineers, and Quality Assurance Engineers. Currently, the team consists of twelve people. You are an advocate for the professional growth and happiness of these developers as they operate within a cross-functional product team, building web-based digital health software.
- Manage the hiring process for new teammates
- Engage with direct reports through regular 1-on-1s
- Support direct reports with quarterly goal setting and annual reviews
- Facilitate 360-reviews with teammates
- Establish career growth plans for each role and teammate
- Manage human resource responsibilities for direct reports
Why join Medic?
- Medic offers a competitive non-profit salary and a comprehensive benefits package - details will be shared with candidates who move onto first round interviews
- Can live anywhere, in any timezone, working hours that work for you, while being able to work with some suitable overlap with teammates in Africa, Europe, Oceania, and the Americas
- Opportunity to contribute to an innovative and culturally diverse team focused on achieving impact through our mission and vision
- Flexible working culture
- Enjoy traveling to an annual full team meetup to meet your teammates from around the world, face to face