The Quality Engineering group at Olo supports automated test initiatives for over 12 different engineering teams at Olo through our Test Engineering discipline. Our specialized skills range from UI test automation through API testing and on to load and performance testing.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to guide our growing discipline and shape our cutting-edge test automation frameworks. This position is more than managing people or writing test scripts - you’ll set goals and execute strategies to meet them, all while facing rapid growth and scaling challenges. There’s never a boring day at Olo!
Reporting into the Director of Quality Engineering, you will partner with Engineering and Product Managers, as you deliver effective test automation that supports key product and technology initiatives. As a servant leader, you will focus on not only the development of automated test solutions but will also hire and nurture our talented test engineering team.
Our engineering tech stack is rooted in .NET (C# and F#) and SQL Server running in an AWS infrastructure and we use modern tools such as GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Datadog, and Sumo Logic, as well as heavy use of OSS. Our automated test frameworks leverage the same stack and tooling, while incorporating industry standards such as Selenium and k6.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborating with Quality Engineering leadership to design and deliver quality-focused programs and coaching to 12+ dev teams
- Recruiting, hiring, and nurturing a team of highly impactful Software Engineers in Test
- Coaching and guiding direct reports via mentoring, one-on-one meetings, etc.
- Working with engineering managers, developers, quality advocates, and software engineers-in-test to identify and prioritize impactful test and task automation
- Evangelizing test automation as an essential component of continuous delivery (and continuous testing!)
- Reporting on automated test coverage and effectiveness across the company
- Facilitating innovative, reliable automated test solutions for multiple products
- Planning and managing the design, build and maintenance of test automation infrastructure in an AWS eco-system
- Staying abreast of internal architecture changes and how they affect automation frameworks
What We'll Expect From You
- A passion for test automation that extends beyond a day job
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and guide a high performing distributed team
- Solid management experience in a matrixed reporting structure, with a track record of success
- Recent hands-on experience with automated test solutions for APIs, modern UI’s, and SOA initiatives
- Proficient in C# with proven success in architecting both UI and API automated test solutions
- Experience in partnering with development teams to provide solutions that meet their needs and deliver trusted results
- Experience developing and executing automated test initiatives as projects, managing stakeholder expectations and tracking deliverables
- BS degree in a technical field of study, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
- Legal right to work in the U.S.