Our Front-end Drupal Technical Architect is a beacon of trusted and transferable in-depth domain knowledge, often in multiple areas within Axelerant. Technical architects exert influence across many projects, providing insight and guidance to leaders and teams, helping inform on final solutions.
Technical Architects are experienced consultants and professional leaders with the wisdom to judge which of the latest tools and industry trends are worth exploring and relevant to Axelerant.
A Technical Architect at Axelerant could progress to a Director role within five years.
- Accountable for leveraging Drupal technologies into robust, scalable web applications when relevant
- Responsible to guide technical discussions with technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Accountable for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them and supporting them as needed
- Accountable to identify, analyze, and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; look for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem; weigh pros and cons of actions; and decide when to escalate issues
- Responsible for providing coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible to transform requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible to document incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- 10+ years of developing front-end applications
- 3+ years of Drupal front-end development experience
- 3+ years of experience with agile methodologies for teams
- 3+ years of experience of using Git and Pull Requests
- 3+ years of experience working in a consulting or agency environment with direct interaction to enterprise-level clients
- Experience with Drupal development technologies such as Drush and Composer
Nice to Have
- Actively contributing to open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Drupal 8 experience with Twig, theme suggestions, variable encoding on a page for JS, preprocessors desired
- Experience building offline experiences and Progressive Web Applications
- Expertise in building Single Page Applications using frameworks like Angular, Vue, or React
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) and integration with CMSes.
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, Travis, or Circle).
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Experience with Node.js and NPM ecosystem.
- Experience with other content management systems and open-source technologies
- Understand how back-end applications work
- Understand BDD and TDD and willingness to write the test automation
Though all of Axelerant’s roles are work from anywhere, we are India-based for fixed salary ranges and full-time work timings. Explicitly, we expect people to typically have at least a five-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone workday.