Are you curious, empathetic and want to develop yourself while learning new skills? We can help you do that - come join our team as we hire, groom and support you to be the best you can be!
Reporting to the manager of Infrastructure Operations, the Release Engineer will help us in our mission to be a force multiplier for our development teams. In this hub-and-spoke model, the Release Engineer will be supporting engineering groups in various domains: ordering services, data engineering, mobile apps, payments, and more! We cannot complete this mission without building a diverse team, and we’re creating this new role to help Olo improve our DevOps metrics. Our journey is complete when we get to a continuous deployment model with repeatable and high quality releases, and your skills will help to get us there!
What You'll Be Doing
- Managing our SCM, build and configuration management tools
- Managing the automation of our build & release processes
- Ensuring we have reliable, repeatable builds with automated gates
- Analyzing metrics/trends and acting on them to improve release efficiency
- Studying and improving our configuration management process
- Advocating for release best practices within engineering teams
- Optimizing the use of feature flags within our release process
- Training and coaching engineering teams into a culture of continuous delivery
What We'll Expect From You
- Fluency in TeamCity, Azure DevOps Pipelines and Octopus Deploy
- Fluency in AWS environments and services
- Influence development teams in maturing their build and deploy practices
- Recent hands-on experience architecting release and deployment pipelines in a similar infrastructure
- Strong experience in distributed VCS systems such as Git
- Experience designing and maintaining complex build systems
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards for the full SDLC including coding standards, reviews, SCM, build pipelines, and testing (unit, functional, system, load, etc)
- Measure, track and communicate release metrics and trends to show we are improving over time
- At least some familiarity with static and dynamic code analyzers
- Experience in at least one programming language desired
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities
What's Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.