A Senior Drupal Developer demonstrates a broad depth of domain understanding, with commercial experience in multiple aspects, platforms, and frameworks. They are often seen as the delivery powerhouses on projects where they support leaders with decision making, especially around systems architecture.
A Senior Drupal Developer breadth of knowledge makes them exceptional domain problem solvers and core contributors to the community through demonstrations and guidelines. They are well-respected for their domain abilities and authority at Axelerant.
A Senior Drupal Developer at Axelerant could progress to a Drupal Technical Architect role within four years.
- Responsible for designing and building high-traffic Drupal applications with non-trivial content structure and functionality
- Responsible for guiding technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible for mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for complex Drupal development tasks including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Responsible for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them and supporting them as needed
- Responsible to identify, analyze, and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; look for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem; weigh pros and cons of actions; and decide when to escalate issues
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible for transforming requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible for documenting incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- Responsible for PHP and SQL administration and code optimization
- Responsible for Unix/Linux or Windows server administration
- 6+ years of relevant Drupal experience
- 2+ years of experience using agile methodologies
- 2+ years of experience using Git source code versioning and Pull Requests
- 2+ years of working in a consulting or agency environment with enterprise-level clients
- Experience with Drupal development technologies such as Drush, Features, and Panels
Nice to Have
- Actively contributing to Drupal or other open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Experience with other content management systems and open-source technologies
Though all of Axelerant’s roles are work from anywhere, we are India-based for fixed salary ranges and full-time work timings. Explicitly, we expect people to typically have at least a five-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone workday.