InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Senior Engineering Manager to lead our Authentication and Accounts Team to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team
In this role you will be managing two teams - Authentication and Accounts. As the engineering leader for Authentication, you will guide the team in building and supporting enterprise-ready onboarding and authentication flows that are leveraged by our entire product line. And with Accounts, you will lead the engineers to deliver the best experiences for managing teams, users, and other administration functions for our biggest customers. Both squads own high-throughput shared services that are core to our platform and both inherently require a strong focus on security and performance.
What you’ll do:
- You will manage a team of 10 engineers
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated to make the best possible customer experience
- Have a technical background and knowledge of related technologies (APIs, microservices, React, Golang, Kubernetes, and more)
- Responsible for delivering projects that span across the stack (front-end, back-end, & client software)
- Set effective and measurable goals on both a team and individual level
- Communicate clearly with product owners, delivery engineers, and other engineering leaders
- Run team rituals such as stand ups, planning, backlog grooming, etc.
- Work with design, product, and engineering leaders to organize reports, metrics, and KPI's
- Consistently evaluate team processes for efficiency and refine them
- Mentor and technically lead other developers on the team and act as a point of contact for cross team initiatives. Help grow engineers on their career path.
What you’ll bring:
- Prior experience managing a team of 12+ software engineers
- Experience shipping products and solutions in a fast-paced and large scale environment
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution
- A passion for operational excellence and a drive towards creating performant and reliable applications through metrics driven decisions
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can motivate your team to find solutions which may be outside of the box
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and also to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
- Solid understanding of how to effectively manage people and situations
- Excellent organizational and deadline management skills
- Experience with full life cycle development