A Senior Front-end Drupal Developer demonstrates a broad depth of domain understanding, with commercial experience in multiple aspects, platforms, and frameworks. They are often seen as the delivery powerhouses on projects where they support leaders with decision making, especially around systems architecture.
A Senior Front-end Drupal Developer breadth of knowledge makes them exceptional domain problem solvers and core contributors to the community through demonstrations and guidelines. They are well-respected for their domain abilities and authority at Axelerant.
A Senior Front-end Drupal Developer at Axelerant could progress to a Technical Architect role within four years.
- Responsible for designing and building high-traffic front-end applications with non-trivial content structure and functionality
- Responsible for guiding technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible for mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for complex front-end development tasks including custom module development
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Responsible for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them and supporting them as needed
- Responsible to identify, analyze, and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; look for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem; weigh pros and cons of actions; and decide when to escalate issues
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible for transforming requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible for documenting incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- 6+ years of relevant career experience
- 2+ years of Drupal experience
- 2+ years of experience using agile methodologies
- 2+ years of experience using Git source code versioning and Pull Requests
- 2+ years of working in a consulting or agency environment with enterprise-level clients
- Experience with Drupal development technologies such as Drush and Composer
Nice to Have
- Able to collaborate in a multi-time zone environment
- Actively contributing to open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Committed to delivering high-quality software on time
- Desire to learn and adapt through boring and innovative methodologies and technologies
- Drupal 8 experience with Twig, theme suggestions, variable encoding on a page for JS
- Experience building offline experiences and Progressive Web Applications
- Expertise in building Single Page Applications using frameworks like Angular, Vue, or React
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) and integration with CMSes.
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, Travis, or Circle).
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Experience with Git, using the terminal, and managing your front-end with package managers such as NPM and organization tools like Grunt.
- Experience with Node.js and NPM ecosystem.
- Experience with other content management systems and open-source technologies
- Expert knowledge of CSS frameworks such as CSS, SASS, LESS, OOCSS, Smacss, BEM, etc.
- Understand how back-end applications work
- Understand BDD and TDD and willingness to write the test automation
Though all of Axelerant’s roles are work from anywhere, we are India-based for fixed salary ranges and full-time work timings. Explicitly, we expect people to typically have at least a five-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone workday.