As a Software Development Engineer in Testing AKA Test Automation Engineer at Axelerant, you would interact with the entire cross-functional team to carry out the feasibility study and identify the scope of Automation in projects. You will also be responsible for working on the automation strategy and, in turn, attain a maximum return of investment in projects. If you have the right quality assurance attitude and, at the same time, a developer hidden inside that has the quality assurance mindset, and ready to take on challenging assignments, then this position is for you.
The senior software development engineer in testing consults with the Director of Quality Assurance and technical architects for organizational and project-based quality assurance practices respectively, responsible for assigned Test Automation projects and their execution, and is an expert in multiple automated testing niches.
Be polite yet assertive in being a core member of the service area.
- Responsible for designing and implementing test automation strategies for medium-scale to complex projects.
- Responsible for the implementation of test automation POCs using various tools.
- Responsible for leading and implementing the in-sprint or early Test Automation in projects.
- Accountable for leading the implementation of the Test Automation pyramid in projects.
- Responsible for implementing Continuous testing strategies in projects.
- Responsible for optimizing testing efforts through test automation for a broader spectrum of testing types.
- E.g., Acceptance testing, Performance testing, Security testing, Unit testing, etc.
- Responsible for guiding technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
Cultivate positive external service area interactions
- Supports promoting Axelerant's Quality Assurance service area on various social media.
- Supports presenting Axelerant automated testing capabilities on the national and international platforms.
Cultivate positive internal service area interactions
- Accountable for generating ideas related to testing Automation and helps populate them on the Service Area Quality Assurance (SAQA) board.
- Responsible for owning and implementing complex tasks from the SAQA board.
- Responsible for conducting peer interviews.
- Responsible for evaluating automated testing assignments.
Regularly participate in career development activities
- Responsible for at least quarterly self-performance reviews.
- Responsible for actively demonstrating Axelerant core values.
- Accountable for organizing and mentoring learn-club channels.
- 6+ years of relevant career experience
- 2+ years of experience using agile methodologies
- 2+ years of working in a consulting or agency environment with enterprise-level clients
- Knowledge of SDLC and STLC
- Demonstrated skills with Selenium or Cypress
- Knowledge about test frameworks like Cucumber or Mocha
- Comfortable communicating in English
- Demonstrated skills with test automation architectures like data-driven, keyword-driven, or page object models
- Experience using Git source code versioning and Pull Requests
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools like TravisCI, CircleCI, Jenkins, or GitLabCI
Nice to have
- Actively contributing to the open-source platform.
- Be a passionate learner to consistently pick up trending technology in the QA & Test Automation industry.
- Be programming language and tool agnostic.
- Be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of automating tests for mobile and standalone applications.
- Knowledge of or experience with Drupal or other CMS and open-source technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to take the initiative, and thrive under pressure.
Though all of Axelerant’s roles are work from anywhere, we are India-based for salaries and work timings. Explicitly, we expect people to typically have at least a five-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone workday.