Olo seeks a Software Quality Advocate to join our engineering team and help us take the next steps toward whole team quality. You’ll be embedded with a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products and committed to a multi-faceted approach to product quality, and also contribute to large cross-team initiatives that require a coordinated approach to quality.
Quality Advocates at Olo do more than test. We partner with Automation Engineers to implement a comprehensive quality approach within our engineering teams.
This is a full-time position. Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote!
What You'll Be Doing
- Coordinating cross-team test initiatives with QE engineers on other teams. Teamwork is how we roll at Olo.
- Reporting on test coverage, deficits, and effectiveness for your team’s components...metrics are cool!
- Implementing creative approaches to software testing that accelerate software development.
- Representing the needs of the client and/or user and usability considerations during feature development.
- Collaborating with product owners and developers to design, implement and maintain visible test plans, test scenarios and test cases.
- Analyzing complex features to identify quality risks and provide suitable feedback, taking into consideration performance, reliability, scalability, resilience, and usability concerns, and be able to articulate a test strategy.
- Providing clear and consistent test artifacts for test visibility and evidence of working software in multiple environments.
- Partnering with developers and product owners to adapt Whole Team Quality (WTQ) practices to your team's unique needs.
- Offering creative solutions in a rapidly evolving environment.
What We'll Expect From You
- You've got strong opinions on software testing and general software quality concepts. Examples get you bonus points
- You love software testing and thrive on making software better
- You could write a strong test case in your sleep
- Applying testing heuristics is always a part of your test strategy
- Server logs, database queries and deploying code do not scare you
- You've got a technical degree or comparable industry experience
- You've been in an agile testing role for many years, with a track record of success
- You thrive in a rapidly changing and evolving environment and take initiative to make things better
- You’re comfortable discussing product requirements with product owners and testing approach with developers
- You can write test documentation that is easily understandable and receives praise from co-workers
- US Resident and Legal right to work in the U.S.